March 22, 2014

Review: Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette



What Coastal Scents says about this palette:
Create a flawless complexion with these ten cream-based concealers. Seamlessly blend flaws away in an instant with a range of shades for full coverage. Renowned as the essential ‘makeup magic’ for professional makeup artists, concealer easily custom blends to cover that which you "wish would just go away!" It’s like your very own magic kit!

Price: $16.95

So I've had this palette for over a year now and the reason I got this was because I could mix up colours and get the perfect shade for whoever's makeup I'm doing.

The top row is perfect for yellow undertones while the bottom complements red/pink tones. 

This palette is absolutely brilliant for people with yellow undertones, as you can see there is an array of colours suitable for almost every skin tone where you can combine colours for your perfect shade. 

You can also use the palette to contour and highlight. It is very hard to find the correct shade of concealer and also you don't find many that offer a palette, this palette in particular is one of my best buys, the concealers are creamy and can be applied lightly and heavily, it actually stays on with a bit of light powder.

However, the only 'defect' would be the texture which is a bit thick, so I highly recommend you to use a very small amount and warm it up before use.

I only wouldn't recommend you to buy it if you're going to use only one shade or two.


Yay:
- Can be used as contour, highlight and even eyeshadow primer 
- No creasing
- Tan/dark skin friendly
- Worth the price and affordable 
- Great quantity 

Nay:
- Thick texture 


4 comments:

  1. I've heard about this and also heard that it's a bit thick.. But does it feel too heavy on your skin after it sets? Also, how long does it hold up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the 'extreme concealing' type girl :P so if you applied a lot, I don't know how long it would last. But since I use just a little, it lasts all day for me.
      And no, although it's thick, it doesn't feel heavy at all. I must say this is my favourite product from CS!

      Delete
  2. Oh and also I've shared this on my blog, I hope you don't mind!
    http://stylingitwithsahdia.blogspot.com/2014/03/nayons-blog-review-coastal-scents.html
    Please visit my page since I have new posts and also tell your friends if you already haven't.. thanks apu! :-)

    ReplyDelete